Wednesday 21 September 2011

New IPTV channels 110-112 may need firmware update

Although they haven't launched yet, the new IPTV channels 110, 111 and 112 on Freeview HD may need a new 8320HD firmware update to work correctly. I'm basing this on the fact that channel 112 ("SPORTS TV") - which looks like it'll initially launch with Sports Tonight Live discussion show - claims that I need to connect my 8320HD to the Internet, despite the wireless being fully operational.

If you want to see what Sports Tonight Live looks like, you can check out their Flash-based streaming Web site, though when I just looked at it at 11,20pm tonight, it was anything but live. It was actually a repeat airing of the previous live discussion from a couple of hours earlier. Quite poor not to indicate it's not live and also the female presenter was waving around an Apple iPad constantly - naff for a static studio show and a hugely blatant advertising of the Apple logo and hardware.

I wa also surprised how many brand names they talked about in the show - I bet they get cases of free product for each mention! I guess the fact that, yep, the show includes adverts means they don't really care about being professional product pluggers.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for high grading the content and recommending it too and do visit again for more..Chitram Tv 4k Set Top Box Seller
    Chitram Iptv Reseller In UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for providing recent updates regarding the concern, I look forward to read more. IPTV Provider

    ReplyDelete